I'm sure the boys would be fine sleeping in the cribs they have slept in for the last 17 months, but I just can't do it knowing they have been recalled. Maybe if the notice hadn't been in big, bold, red letters stating to STOP USE IMMEDIATELY due to possible entrapment and strangulation, I would have blown it off and just waited to put them into their new cribs. But, for now we wait for our "recall kit" telling us what parts of the crib we have to take off and send back in order to get a voucher for a new crib...all of this will take approximately 2-3 weeks. We then get to go to Babies R Us and pick out an entirely new crib...how exciting...and annoying...all at the same time!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Cribs = Recalled
So what do you do when your cribs are recalled?
You sleep in a pack-n-play.
I'm sure the boys would be fine sleeping in the cribs they have slept in for the last 17 months, but I just can't do it knowing they have been recalled. Maybe if the notice hadn't been in big, bold, red letters stating to STOP USE IMMEDIATELY due to possible entrapment and strangulation, I would have blown it off and just waited to put them into their new cribs. But, for now we wait for our "recall kit" telling us what parts of the crib we have to take off and send back in order to get a voucher for a new crib...all of this will take approximately 2-3 weeks. We then get to go to Babies R Us and pick out an entirely new crib...how exciting...and annoying...all at the same time!
I'm sure the boys would be fine sleeping in the cribs they have slept in for the last 17 months, but I just can't do it knowing they have been recalled. Maybe if the notice hadn't been in big, bold, red letters stating to STOP USE IMMEDIATELY due to possible entrapment and strangulation, I would have blown it off and just waited to put them into their new cribs. But, for now we wait for our "recall kit" telling us what parts of the crib we have to take off and send back in order to get a voucher for a new crib...all of this will take approximately 2-3 weeks. We then get to go to Babies R Us and pick out an entirely new crib...how exciting...and annoying...all at the same time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes this does stink - but our little one isn't even here yet - the room is ready - 3 weeks and counting - and now we have to take apart everything - but I guess it is good that we have the pack n play for him to sleep in! I always wondered how these recalls work - guess I will now have my own experience with them! Give the boys a hug and tell Sloan I said HI!
ReplyDeleteSloan says hi! What a bummer, that is the last thing you want to do when you're in the homestretch and you think you have everything all ready to bring your little guy home! You would think that you could take the necessary parts back to Babies R Us and they could just give you the voucher...what do they expect people to do without a crib! Please let us know when your little one arrives!
ReplyDelete