Sunday, January 31, 2010

Before & After: Kitchen

Our house is over 50 years old and when we moved in, it hadn't been updated in probably 20!  We learned that our house was keeping a secret from us....LAYERS!

Layers of wallpaper = 3
Aaahhh, much better...looking at that wallpaper made me dizzy!

Layers of flooring = 3
We are still impressed that we actually accomplished this task by ourselves and without any help or guidance!

Layers of paint on the cabinets = 2
I think the new hardware makes it! We kept the top cabinets light since we had so many we were afraid it would be too dark.
(Yes, those were the old floors!)

Overall, not to shabby!
Head on over to the Thrifty Decor Chick for more great design ideas!

3 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely beautiful, I love the colors! I especially love the wall quote, that is one of my favorites. I'd love to put it on the wall eventually, but for now, it's on my blog banner!

    Following you!

    -Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute kitchen. Great job and love the dark and light cabinets. Also the wall color is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I really do read and appreciate every single one! Have a WONDERFUL day!