Sunday, December 17, 2006
Stability
We have once again regained stability. The last few days have been exhausting to say the least. Contractions continued throughout the day Friday. I became very discouraged and worried that we were not going to make it much longer. Dr. Carpenter visited Friday evening and decided that we would bump up the Mag to 3 g/hr, Dr. Hutton had previously told me that 2.5 g/hr was the max. Dr. Carpenter, being our high-risk OB, seems to be more comfortable with Mag and is willing to be more aggressive. Anything to keep us from resorting to the use of Indomethacin is fine with me. This bump up in the Mag proved to be difficult...Saturday was not a good day. The morning brought nausea and a general "blah" feeling. It seems that my body has finally gotten used to the Mag and I am starting to feel a bit more normal. The boys have remained active, so active that they refused to stay on the fetal monitor this morning and had to be tied down. The boys hate the monitors and kick at them the whole time (if they would behave they would only have to be monitored for 20 minutes). Grant was trying to escape up under my ribs...which is where my stomach now resides, so after the monitors were taken off I ended up throwing up. Oh what fun! Thankfully I am feeling tons better and have not had any more issues with nausea this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor Jessica! I'm glad you are starting to feel better. You should post a picture of your twin-pregnant self so that we (or I) can see how different you looked since college!
ReplyDelete